I’ve consumed my fair share of leadership books, and there are many. So many…that we can easily get lost in the sea of what to spend hours of our precious time reading. If we are going to make that kind of a time investment, where should we spend it?
For what it’s worth, these are my top 10 in no particular order.
- The Take of Three Kings – by Gene Edwards
- Living Close to God – also by Gene Edwards
- The Bible – by God
- Leading Leaders – by Jeswald W. Salacuse
- Start with Why – by Simon Sinek
- Difficult Conversations – by Stone, Patton & Heen
- Servant Empowered Leadership – by Don Page
- The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness – Timothy Keller
- Leading Change – by John P. Kotter
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader – by Peter Scazzero
There are many more that AMLOST made the cut, but if I could keep only 10 books for the rest of my life, in order to lead well, I’d pick these.
My purpose for writing this wasn’t to promote books. If leaders aren’t healthy, neither will their organizations, families or businesses. Whatever you do, continue to put yourselves in places of feeding.