Jean Jean and Kristie Mompremier are the founders of United Christian International (UCI). Kristie was born in Iowa and Jean Jean is from Caiman, a village not far from Pignon in northern Haiti. They met when she went to work in Haiti in 1996. Once married, they served as missionaries for 2 year before moving to the States for further schooling. Jean Jean completed a seminary degree while Kristie became a nurse. Sensing a distinct call to Haiti, they established United Christian International in 2003 and returned to Caiman, Jean Jean’s birthplace, in 2005.
The Haitian Board of UCI oversees the day to day operation of the ministry as well as give direction in fulfilling its mission to develop disciple-making churches.
Today, UCI's vision for the future involves three primary objectives:
- Teaching the Word of God
- Equipping Future National Leaders through Education & Training
- Uniting Christians around the World
UCI has seen Jesus grow His church by:
- Leading 29 witch doctors to receive Christ
- Leading many to be baptized after abandoning vodou and embracing Christianity
- Sending out 3 national missionaries employed by UCI
- Facilitating youth group and children’s activities
- Planting 17 churches
- Pastoral training and working with over 60 churches throughout Haiti