I love the Paradoxical Commandments by Kent Keith:
- People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
- What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.
- Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you've got anyway.
- You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.