A team of 6 people from Hinton Alliance Church, alongside HFL leader Kelvin Presakarchuk, worked alongside the local church and community. The team was involved in school construction as well as provided new homes and stoves for 2 families in the community. This was be Hinton's third trip, enabling them to further build on their relationships within the community.
Additional items accomplished:
- Tore down two old houses in Zapote and built two new homes to replace them.
- Built a playground at the church in San Lucas.
- Removed several hundred wheelbarrows of dirt from the church building site in Membrillal and moved it 100 m away. This was to level the ground for the concrete slab that will be the church floor.
- Purchased piñatas for the kids at the school in Membrillal and participated in their piñata fest.
- Our church is sponsoring 20 kids this year at the school in Membrillal through HFL. We also have at least three people who are sponsoring kids in Membrillal through His Hands Guatemala based out of the USA.
“It energizes me to continue to advocate for the poor and the difference that can be made in a child’s life if we let ourselves be used by God.”
“I feel like I have to tell more people about the things I experienced so that their hearts will be broken and God will spur them to do something too.”
“[Because of this trip I now want] to honour God in everything I do — word, deed and thought. I want to please Him.”
“[This trip] has made me humble and wanting to do more of these projects.”
“[In the next 6 months] I will not worry about my back account and just be grateful that I even have one.”
“[This trip] was a great reminder of just how blessed we all are in Canada and thankful that we are able to be Christ’s hands and feet to those who have not.”
“[In the next 6 months] I will talk to people more about what we can do for people who have not, and why Christ compels me to do and go.”
“[This trip] has shown me that often, what we “need” is actually what we want.”